Loreto College Foxrock
Loreto College Foxrock is a voluntary Catholic Secondary School under the direction of the Loreto Sisters (IBVM). The school, which was opened in 1941 at the request of the Archbishop of Dublin, Most Reverend John Charles McQuaid, is situated on the Bray Road, in the parish of Foxrock. The Archbishop asked Mother Pauline Dunne, Superior General of Loreto, to open a Junior and Secondary school in Foxrock. In September 1942, the school was officially recognised as a Secondary school by the Department of Education & Science.
The school has a range of excellent facilities which have been gradually developed down through the years.
Specialized rooms are equipped for the teaching and learning of Art, Music, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Home Economics, Keyboarding and Computers & Information Technology.
Other noteworthy facilities in the school include a recently renovated and extended lunchroom and recreation area, a growing and developing library/resource centre, a Guidance and Counselling room with a comprehensive Careers library adjoining it, and a quiet and peaceful Oratory.
In addition, the school has a very large Sports Hall with a fully equipped Gymnasium. Outdoor facilities include the new Astroturf hockey pitches and tennis courts.
Foxrock, Dublin 18
|director||MRS. BERNADETTE PRENDIVILLE|